Back to reality

After having a long week off, it was back to work today. I am not sure if it is because I am well rested and relaxed or if I missed the kids or if things were just generally better, or all of the above, but the day didn't suck. S was great, there was no whining or brattiness, she listened, never argued, and was genuinely happy. Baby S wasn't perfect, she was still hard to get down for a nap and wanted to be held all day, but it was easy to look past that because she is so damn cute and I really missed her. When I told my mother that she wanted to be held all day, she said it was probably because she missed me. And as the day went on, I think that is true. When I would try to put her down, she wouldn't just cry, she would hold onto me so tight and scream. When I would go get her out of the car or out of her crib, she would start laughing and would start bouncing with excitment. And when I would pick her up, she would wrap her arms around me and put her head on my shoulder and squeeze, giving me real hugs. She wasn't like this with her mom tonight and not even with her dad (whom she also didn't see for a week), just with me. Usually her being clingly bothers me, but not this time. I relished in it. But I am exhausted. I couldn't find an ounce of energy to go running. And I may climb into bed as soon as I am done writing this blog. I don't think I will have any trouble sleeping tonight. "Think" being the operative word.

Comments

She is a cute baby... such a smile.

Hi, my name is Joe. I got a wife and three kids and I work in a button factory. One day, my boss came and said to me, "Turn the button with your right hand."
cdoc said…
Thanks, now that will be stuck in my head all day!

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?