Montana Wedding Extravaganza

My sister got married last weekend in our beloved Montana. It was great. It wasn't a common, one day event as most weddings are. My sister does things differently, which I love about her. It was a 5 day event. It started on July 4th with a party at her and her now husband's house in Helena. It only lasted 9 hours, at least for me. A few people made it last 11 hours+. The next day it was Gates of the Mountain. Then there was chillin' at a lake, some dinner and finally bed. July 6th was driving to Bozeman, spending the day setting up for the rehearsal and dinner, getting ready, and then the said rehearsal and dinner (all in 100+ degree temps). It continued at a bar/restaurant in Bozeman until 11pm. Another long day. Then it was 7/7/07, the wedding day. Wake up early, drive to Chico Hot Springs in Pray. Then it was making sure everything was going right, decorating, getting ready, the wedding, the reception, the dance, then the after party in the saloon. The day finally ended for me at 2 am. Again, my sister likes to do things her unique way, so the wedding wasn't a conventional one. My other sister officiated (she got ordained online), so the ceremony talked a lot about nature, which is our family's spiritual guide. And Mother Nature gave us a little of everything during the wedding, clouds, gusts of wind, sun and sprinkles. It was fitting. The day after the wedding, we all hit the Yellowstone River for a rafting trip. There was a very small white water a couple of times, which was big enough for me, the beginner. I didn't fall out of the boat, but I did fall into it. I loved it. I can't wait to do it again. So that was the wedding extravaganza. And a week later, I am still exhausted and sad. I wore myself out and no matter how much sleep I get, it is still not enough. And I am still sad to have left all that fun behind, the new people, my family, and my beloved Montana. I am a different person there, more at ease, more me. I think anyone that knows me while I am in Montana can attest to that. I love it there. And I miss my family. And my Montana.

Here are a few photos of the extravaganza:

View at rehearsal dinner

Mountains from plane

Bridesmaids (and bride on the right) with monkeys at rehearsal dinner

My sisters, me

My legs

Mountains

Mountains

More Mountains

Dad with monkeys

Sister and bridesmaid on Gates of the Mountain tour

Me, parents, sister

Riverside

Sasquatch

Sake

Photographs may not be used by any other person than me, I retain full rights to photographs and permission needs to be given for use. Copyright 2007

Comments

Anonymous said…
We had a great time in Montana and the wedding was beautiful.I also miss Montana and all the wonderful people. Thank you C for the great entry with the beautiful pictures.
Love MDoc
Looks like fun!!!

I'm glad your sister found happiness and that you know where you can find yourself. It's a blessed thing knowing that you can have a place to find your inner peace. Most people spend their whole lives looking for it.

What is with the monkeys, though? I mean, they cute, but I don't get it. :)
Holly said…
Beautiful pictures! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I hope you get a chance to go back to Montana soon.
cdoc said…
They had a Mexican themed rehearsal dinner. They had a monkey pinata, which had monkey toys in it.
teacherwoman said…
Sounds wonderful! And the pictures are beautiful! By the way.. did you have to give a speech, and if so, how did it go?

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?