Five Year Plan

I am learning everyday how to deal with my illnesses and how to use them to make me stronger. They are not who I am, I am more than diseases. Sometimes it's easy to get lost in them. But in my path to wellness, it has made me want more from my life. I have already taken some grand adventures: dropping everything to move to Montana to pursue my passion of photography; going to the land of wealth to help raise someone else's children; driving half-way cross country with a great friend to move my life to somewhere new once again. But there is more that I want. So I made a Five Year Plan.

Step 1: Take care of my health, mental and physical (exercise more, eat healthier, deal with my anxiety and endometriosis).

Step 2: Go to credit counseling (get out of debt, save money).

Step 3: Work at my job for min. of 4 1/2 additional years (after 5 years of employment, I can keep my pension I am earning now).

Step 4: Move to Montana (there is no place where I am more at ease).

Step 5: Try to have a baby, with or without a man in my life (clock is ticking, especially when I don't know if I can have children and am running out of medical options to deal with my endometriosis... and let's face it, there is nothing I have ever wanted more than a child of my own).

Plans change, wants and needs evolve, this Five Year Plan will remain set in stone. I know what I want. I know what I will always want. And this is it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great plan! But you know that plans are made to change. If they change in any way, you'll adjust. Except I'll make sure Step 4 happens no matter what ;-)

See you soon!
Holly said…
I think those are wonderful things to have on your five-year plan. I have no doubt that you will be able to accomplish each and every one of them.
The plan may happen, but not in that order. Sometimes life is not what you planned and that's okay.

Girl, you are strong. To admit you have an illness, mental or physical takes strength. To say that it will not beat you, takes courage. To say that you are going to accomplish these things in life, takes hope. If you have those things, you'll make it. And when you're thinking you won't... call someone who thinks you will. They'll bring you back to the land of the living.

Best of luck and if you need any help with any of them, let me know.

P.S. When do you have a free weekend? I'd love to see you.
teacherwoman said…
I think your plans look wonderful! Just take it one step at a time and adjust where needed!

Love ya!
Anonymous said…
Hey, I have an idea - how about you post every day about something you've learned!! Then we all can learn with you!

I'm brilliant, BRILLIANT I say!
I love that you have a plan, and know what you want! Thanks so much for going to the open houses with me, and the pizza was delicious (still thinking about it!). We will have to get together again. I am trying to keep my blog updated better now, so feel free to check it out! -Steph

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?