V

VOLUNTEER


Lately I've been thinking about volunteering somewhere. When I have free time during the evenings and weekends, I often end up sitting around doing nothing. Not that I have a lot of free time these days. Volunteering may mean less evening babysitting, which is okay. I think being a volunteer would be much more rewarding. However, I have been searching and it seems the options here aren't exactly what I've been hoping for. Most opportunities are for working at stores. I want to volunteer for a cause or work with people. I'll keep searching for the right fit, because I think this would really be good for me.

Comments

jdoc said…
Awesome idea! Mom was just saying the same thing. Maybe you could find a spot together.
Anonymous said…
I am going to start looking after we get back from Mn. I may try the hospital, which jdoc mentioned.
Amy P. said…
I have a long list of places but always find that I have no time! Some ideas:

Florence Crittenton Home - they need mentors for teen moms and babysitters!
http://www.florencecrittenton.org

Here's the Volunteer Helena website:
https://volunteer.truist.com/uwol-cc/volunteer/

Click on "Opportunities" for a long list

Helena Food Share was a good place to volunteer - but they seem to have a ton of help these days.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?