Crying


There was a special episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition on tonight called "After the Storm: New Orleans". I was flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch. I came upon the show just as it was going to commerial. They were doing the clip to make you stay around through the commercial, the "coming up after the break" moment. To set the scene, they weren't rebuilding homes on this episode, they were helping with the little things that mattered. In this scene, they were helping families to restore photos that had been damaged in Hurricane Katrina. The clip before commercial showed Paige from the "Design Team" talking to a man holding a framed picture that was damaged. She asked him what the picture was and he said "it is my son". She asked how old he was in the photo, the man said 4 months. She then asked, how old is he now and the man's chin started to quiver and he choked out "35". That was all it took. I was crying. It was a 15 second clip before heading to commercial. It wasn't even the full scene. I did stick around to watch the scene with the man, which made me cry again. After that, I decided I couldn't watch the show. I had been watching for less than 5 minutes and cried twice. If I would have watched the whole show, I would have been sobbing. I can't make it through a single episode of that show without crying, it is impossible. So I recommend it if you need a good cry; if it doesn't make you cry, you may be heartless. Or maybe I am just a baby.

Comments

teacherwoman said…
I don't always cry when watching tv, but that is one show that makes me cry also! I usually can't watch it becuase of that! Another show that would make me cry was Amy Grant's Three Wishes. Hmm...
teacherwoman said…
Oh...and Miracle Workers...which I only watched once...I swear. I really don't watch that much tv!
I don't get to watch evening tv much. I am usually at work. However, Family Feud is shown in the morning and that show does not make me cry. I love the Feud! :)

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?