P

PARKER

Parker is the sweet 18 month old girl that took the place when my other sweet girl left. She's been with me about 9 months now. I love this little spitfire. She's sweet and loving and cuddly... when you're looking anyway.

She's a sneaky one. Obviously I have to leave the children alone (in a very baby-proofed room) on occasion so I can go to the bathroom or grab a snack for myself or get their lunch ready. And miraculously things happen when I'm out of the room, like the kids' shoes are on the other side of the room, my books are on the floor, diapers are all over the place, a kid is crying. How do I know it's Parker? When she hears me coming, she runs to the other side of the room and stands innocently like "Who? Me?" Recently she likes to tattle on herself. I'll ask what happened and she'll say "No-no." I'll ask, "Did Parker do a no-no?" And she answers "Yea." Gotta love the honesty at least.

Her mother also likes to say that Parker and I are two peas in a pod. She loves to copy me. Whenever a kid gets hurt, she drops what she's doing, runs to them and gives them hugs and kisses. When they are better, she puts her hand on their backs and says "Go play." It's exactly what I do. Except I don't actually push the kid over when I put my hand on their backs, she needs to work on that part. She also loves to tell them "no-no" when they are doing things they shouldn't, like throwing a toy. I think she'll be a nanny or teacher someday.

I also like to call her the boss. All 4 boys are putty in her hands. They listen to her. They rarely try to steal her toy, and if they try, she screams once and they don't try again. They even hand over a toy she's eyeing before she makes a single plea. And they are all in love with her. Makes you wonder if the "ladies first" thing is inherent rather than something that's taught. Or is Parker really just that good? Maybe both.


I love my P-girl (not sure why I call her that). She is smart, sweet and feisty and when she gives me hugs, she pats my back. Gotta love it.

Comments

jdoc said…
Awesome post, Cass.
Love the photo. Her pants look so soft. Like stuffed animal skin pants.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?