Pain

Despite sleeping very little due to pain, I woke up (an hour early) with a pretty good attitude. As the day progressed, so did the pain. I reached the point of deciding whether moving the lower half of my body or not was even worth it and the pain clouded my head, causing me to forget things that happened and what I was doing. If you know the pain scale, I would say I fluctuated between a 7 to 9 all day. Yet, I worked all day, I was kind and pleasant to be around. And even though I told some I was in pain (and you could possibly tell by my walk that was extremely slow with a slight limp), the tone of my voice may not have sounded sincere in my level of pain. But that's how I live my life, trying to push the pain aside and not let people know and just live, because this is my reality. Sometimes I get annoyed with those that complain about pain or call in sick, because I want them to walk a mile in my (really cute) shoes; I used to be more sympathetic. Yet, I get over my annoyance, because this is my life. As the quote said, I find strength in my pain, though it isn't always easy. I could pretend that it will get better, that it will get easier, but the reality is that it probably won't. That doesn't make me negative. There is a difference between being negative and being honest. I am honest with myself while trying my hardest to not be down about it. Because, again, this is my life. And I'll find strength in my pain. Now it's time to attempt (a possible narcotic filled) sleep. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?