One liner

I watched Gilmore Girls tonight. Rory was upset because she ran into her ex-boyfriend (who broke up with her via his sister... they are not high school people, they are 21). She was on her way to the school psychologist, which she had to attend because she missed a semester of school. She broke down while at the psychologist saying how she didn't hear from her ex for weeks and then he tells her he loves her. She says how she can't handle running into him, in the halls, at the paper, at the coffee stand. Rory: "I might have to give up coffee!" (grabs handful of tissue, puts to face, looks up crying) "I really love coffee". I died of laughter. Not only was it a great line (When Harry Met Sally-like as bdoc pointed out), it also made me think of something jdoc would say in a moment like that. Maybe that is why I enjoy the show so much, all the great one liners make me think of my sister.

Comments

Anonymous said…
CUTE!!! I love the part in When Harry Met Sally. When Sally was questioning, "Why not me?" to Harry becaue her ex was marrying someone else, she said, through her tears and sobs, "And I'm gonna be 40." Harry: "When?" Sally, through more sobs and gulps: "Somedaaaaaaaay."

Funny stuff.
Anonymous said…
Ah, shucks. Thanks, cdoc. I heart you too. But not as much as coffee.
jm said…
This is the biggest compliment! That show has great writing - just goes to show how jdoc would be a great writer - I mean, is a great writer - ah,you know what I mean!
cdoc said…
Yes, jm, we know what you mean. And jdoc, I only speak the truth... and I wouldn't expect you to love me more than coffee!

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?