Good times, good times

Yesterday I went with Jessie to the bank. She had to speak to someone, not do the regular banking stuff, so we had to sit in the waiting area. They had a fireplace, coffee, tea and various toys, books and magazines. I picked up the Consumer Reports magazine. Jessie picked up Highlights. As I am learning about tomatoes, washers and dryers, laundry detergent and how to measure your waist, she was looking for what was wrong in the picture, finding the hidden objects in the picture and reading riddles to me. She came across a page with a story, the kind where there are pictures usually in place of some words. She exclaimed, "Alright!" and started to read aloud. Then she realized that the word followed the picture and stated, "This won't be challenging for me at all!" The tears started to roll down my face with a burst of laughter, and moments later the woman came out to call Jessie's name, bringing unwanted attention to me. I guess when you are getting your PhD, Highlights is just the break you need.

Comments

I love Highlights. I always do the find the pictures within in the picture game. It's so fun. Sometimes, it's hard. I had one where I worked on it with Andrew and we never did find two of them.
Anonymous said…
That was a HEEEEE-LAAAAAAARious story.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?