Birth Day

Today is my birthday, the big 2-6. As someone so kindly pointed out, I am on the downward slope to 30. When did that happen?

I always get excited for my birthday, and then the day itself always ends being not as exciting as the actual anticipation. It's not like when you are little and you have a birthday cake with candles and presents galore on the actual day of your birthday. As an adult, it always seems more spread out, with things arriving in the mail early or late and celebrations happening on other days than your birthday. And that is nice in some ways, because it drags it out. But I would like one year of it being condensed all into one day, on my actual birth day.

Don't get me wrong, today was still a nice day. I actually enjoyed work and received birthday wishes from all the people I really wanted to hear from. And I am in a great mood and am looking forward to the celebrations to come on Saturday with my sister. So for now, I am off to celebrate my birthday in some way or the other, most likely with some food and shopping.

On another note, I start another new job on Wednesday. More to come on this topic later...

Comments

Anonymous said…
We will drag your birthday out even more. When you finally come home, we will take you out to eat.
Love you and hope you had a great day. MDoc
Anonymous said…
And you KNOW you'll be celebrating in like 2 weeks when you finally get my gift in the mail. Some things never change - no matter how old you get. Errr, I mean YOUNG you still are.

On your 30th, let's go somewhere HOT, like Mexico. I'll be on my downward slope to FORTY by that time. OH dear. I'm going to be 40 .....

Someday.
Anonymous said…
Hey girl! Happy belated birthday. Its getting scary that we are getting closer to 30! Look on the bright side, our sisters are ALWAYS going to be older then us, AND....we don't have to sit at the kiddie table anymore! Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?