I know a good thing when I see it.

The new job is going really well. It comes with some amazing benefits (not just health, but other special ones). Nice people, cool building, okay work. Not too bad at all.

I am in a huge filing room with three other people. They are pretty great to work with, they seem to like me and I like them. There are two older women, 62+ I would say, that really seem to love being able to help me with all my questions. The more I ask, the more they like it. I love hearing their life stories, they are great ones. And they are interested in my life stories too. Then there is one guy that is a year older than me. He was slow to warm up, but is already more chatty and friendly, we get a long well too. My boss is nice, but sometimes a little annoying. She means well and I do like her, so that is all that matters. All the hundreds of other people are nice too, but it bothers me that I can't remember any of their names yet, when they all know mine. Granted, they had one to learn, I had tons. One woman calls me by my last name because she thinks it is the "funnest" last name.

I enjoy the cafeteria. The food is okay, I have only had it a few times. But I like sitting with the women at lunch, or by myself, listening to stories, people watching and reading. Lots of cute guys to see and other interesting people.

The guy front is good, lots and lots of young guys working there. In fact, I already have a little crush. I had my welcome orientation yesterday and I was partnered up with a guy my age for an activity. He is nice, funny, cute, all the important things:). I noticed him the second I walked in the room and I think he noticed me too, which is a good sign. We were laughing through our whole activity, he is very sarcastic, which I like in a guy (in anyone really). After the morning was over, I checked to see in what building (there are 7 of them) and area he works in, one of the perks of working in the records area, and discovered he works in my building. So I am trying to find a way to conveniently "bump" into him. There is always the cafeteria, but that means finding the right time to take lunch. And there is "ending up" in his area of the building (no where near mine). I have to get over this shy thing, so I may even work up the nerve to ask him out, hopefully sooner than later. I will keep you posted.

This job was the right decision for me. It will allow me to travel all over the world and take photos. It gave me health care. It helped me to meet some pretty great people. This is a good thing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a nice positive update to your life. I like it. Now come to Montana.
Anonymous said…
Girl, email me the details!!!

Girl of Approval who is not signed in
jm said…
So glad M Ko was able to help you out. Seeing as how he is so nice, I can just imagine how nice the rest of the people there are. I am glad things are going well, and now spring is here and you will get to really enjoy MN. Spring is the best here. So glad you're here

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?