"... in the whole wide world!"

I babysat tonight for a family that I babysit for quite often, about once a week. When I first started babysitting for Bill (4 3/4 yrs.) and Finn (3 yrs.) (as we will call them), they were excited to see me. When I started seeing them every week, the enthusiasm died down some. Well, it has been 2 weeks since I've seen them last.

Finn and I were sitting at the kitchen table while he finished dinner. Bill was downstairs playing. Out of the blue, he yells upstairs, "Cassie, you are the best babysitter in the whole wide world!" I thank him, with Finn following (he copies everything his older brother says), "Cassie, you are the best babysitter in the whole wide world." "Thanks Finn."

About an hour later, we were having our ritual pajama party, after their bath where I ended up more wet than the boys in the tub and after our ritual hide and seek, where I hide in the same spots every time and it takes forever for them to find me. Bill just finished his kettle corn (always the same snack) and water, and looks at Finn to say, "Finn, I am going to sit by Cassie because she is the best babysitter in the whole wide world."

That one extra week in between babysitting made it seem like I hadn't seen him in years. But it always nice to hear that I am "the best babysitter in the whole wide world", especially when babysitting 2 boys as talkative and energetic as them!

Comments

teacherwoman said…
Comments like that are heart warming and wonderful! We all need that. It doesn't happen often when I hear something similar at school, but when I do, it is when I least expect it!
Holly said…
Congrats on being the best babysitter in the whole wide world! :)

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

What do I do?

Target