B

BENNETT

As a nanny, you always hope that you make some sort of impact on the child's life. It's easier to see it when the child is older, but when they are a baby, you just never really know.

Bennett was the first I started to care for in my nanny share over 8 months ago. At 11 months old, he is a ball of energy and still as sweet and adorable as ever. He doesn't like it when Mom or Dad leave, but he still smiles when he sees me and gives me kisses and hugs throughout the day and laughs uncontrollably when I chase him. Those things would have been enough to know I'm making some sort of impact on his life.

But the icing on the cake: he's trying to say my name. It started a few days ago, when he would say "Mama" I'd say "Cassie" and we went back and forth. Then he managed a "Ca" a few times. Two days ago, he said "Ca-da" twice and then would giggle when I applauded him. Since then, there have been many varitions, but always a two-syllable sound that starts with "Ca", so I know he means me. And nothing feels better than having a little boy you love start attempting to say your name.

I think I have made an impact on Bennett... I know he's made one on me.

Comments

jdoc said…
This blog is so pretty. I wish mine could like this. Maybe I'll try.
BDoc said…
Ahhh, so sweet. Mr. B is growing up. I DON'T LIKE IT! And yet, I love it.
Amy P. said…
that is really sweet, cassie. I know the B-ster loves his Ca-da. You're the best nanny he could have ever asked for!

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?