Hair

I have never been all that attached to my hair. It is there. It gets in my way and usually ends up in a ponytail. I have chopped it off a few times. I have grown it long a few times. I donated it once to Locks-of-Love. In fact, in a little over a week, that is what I am doing again. I am cutting it all off and donating it to Locks-of-Love. My hairstylist doesn't charge for haircuts that are donated. She is stylish and young, only a couple years older than me. She has super cute hair. She was an Environmental Science major and hates Bush. She ended up a hairstylist when she couldn't find any jobs she liked and she now works at an Aveda salon. And for those of you that don't know of Aveda, they do a lot for the environment, which is why she chose to work at one. I have always wanted to tell a hairstylist to cut my hair however they want, to do whatever they want. So I told her that I am giving her free reign. She already had some ideas in mind and they sounded cute. And I have been excited for quite some time to try something new with my hair and am really looking forward to this day. The problem is, I am actually liking my hair lately. Not just liking it, loving it. Last time it was long it was stringy and not very curly. Now it is just right. I can play with it, put in ponytails and it still is just the right amount of curl when I stop playing with it or take out the ponytail. I can sleep on it and it still looks good. My hairstylist tells me every time she sees me how much she loves it and how people would pay a lot of money for hair like this. I am sure a lot of it has to do with the environment I am in since my hair has never looked so good. And since I am leaving, I may be indifferent about it when I get to Minneapolis. But for now I love it. So I am getting nervous about letting go. I know the people I am donating it to need it much more than me. I can grow it back again, most of them don't have that option. So I will still let go, I will still donate it and I am still looking forward to a change. So for the next week, I will play with my hair, stare at it in the mirror, love it. And I will grow it back out and donate it all over again. Because there is nothing like receiving that card in the mail to thank you for your hair donation. Enjoy staring at my hair too, that is what the photos are here for:).

Comments

cdoc said…
The photos are on here funny, but it took forever to get them to upload on here, so they are staying like that.
Anonymous said…
Your hair never looked so good when you were in MT too. Maybe you should move here instead ;-) But I think you'll be happy with donating it too even if you don't really care for your haircut (which is not likely given what you've said about your stylist). Your hair grows like a weed so you'll have it back in no time.
Bdoc is right. You're hair grows fast. Faster than a speeding bullett, which is much faster than a bullett sitting on a counter doing nothing. :)

Enjoy the hair and good luck. :) Besides, new hair for a new start in life for a new town. It's a fab idea.
Anonymous said…
Plus, we'd just look too much alike with your hair as it is now. When yours grows back, I'll cut mine off. Deal?
cdoc said…
Deal jdoc. And I agree goa, that is a fab idea!
teacherwoman said…
Wow! it's been a while since I have seen your hair that long! Beautiful! I miss my long hair, but like it short now and don't forsee me growing it out again. With it shorter, it makes me look older, and I can do more with it.

I agree with GOA, new hair for a new life! I felt the same when I donated mine...starting a fresh as a single woman! Good luck! I can't wait to see pics of your new style!
Anonymous said…
hey cdoc,
Being a hairdresser, I can say how good it feels to be the one who helps donate to locks for love! Even though its not my hair I'm cutting, it feels like I'm helping contribute to a great cause! Your hair will grow back and you will still have lots of curls!! Keep on donating!
cdoc said…
Mandy, it's good to know that it means a lot to hairstylists too. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?