Exercise: anxiety reducer or producer?

I know that it has been clinically proven that exercise eases stress and anxiety. And I admit that when I exercise, I feel relaxed and in the long run, it really helps with my anxiety. But that all happens after the exercising. It is the before part that increases my anxiety.

For weeks now, I have said I am going to take a yoga class on Wednesday nights. And for weeks, I find a million reasons not to go. I am too tired, I have too much to do, I am sick, etc. Those all just mask the real reason, the idea of going makes me so anxious that I can't even step out the door. So I bail out. Then the guilt comes. The guilt for cheating myself out of health, happiness and relief.

I will work myself up to it. I don't know how or when, but I will. More than half the battle is getting there. Once I take the leap, it will feel great. And I can't wait until I find the courage to go. Until then, walks outside all on my own, with no one watching and exercise DVDs when no one is home will have to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?