Wallet

I lost my wallet. I am not sure when it happened. I haven't used it since Tuesday and that was in my car. And last night there were men breaking into cars on our street, so it is possible it was even stolen. Though I can't say for sure since I don't know if it was even in my car.

I handled it all well. I have known since lunch that it may be lost. I thought of all the rational places to look and looked there. When I got home, I called and cancled my credit cards (which meant using the phone, which we all know is not an easy thing for me). I know my social security card was in there, which you aren't suppose to carry with you. I know all the things I need to do, like get a new SS card, a new driver's liscense, etc. And I dealt with this all fine.

Until I remember that my ID for photography school was still in there. Then the tears came. Why did I carry something with me all the time that meant so much to me?! Here comes the tears again. I can't even talk about it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am sorry that this happened to you. You handled it very well and I am proud of you. If you need anything, please let me know.
Love MDoc
BDoc said…
I'm sorry CDoc. I am carrying my passport right now and I'm going to take it out of my bag. We live and learn. Your pics, experience, memories and friends from photo. school should stand to remind you of photo. school. I know it's hard but it really is only a small token of something much more memorable so remember that when you get upset ...
Holly said…
I'm sorry to hear about you losing your wallet and your treasured photography school ID. I know how much those little, seemingly insignificant, things can be.
teacherwoman said…
I am sorry to hear about your wallet. I know I would be crying just because I lost it... and to lose something that was in it that meant so much is worse.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?