And this is why I need a vacation...

8:15 am: bang, bang, bang, silence, crash, scream. Feet stomping up the stairs right outside my head. Toys being dumped on the floor. A screaming baby. I love the mother I work for, she is nice and great most of the time, but it is this morning that reminds me that she, too, just like the father, has no respect for me at all. I am sure S wanted to come up to the playroom right next to my room and, she said yes. I am sure she didn't even hesitate to bring up S and Baby S2. There are so many things wrong with this, I am pissed off right now. For one thing, it is early in the morning. On a Sunday. One of my only 2 days off every week. I don't always sleep in late, but sometimes I like to and sometimes I need to. This was a need to morning. I slept so much on Friday night, no matter what I tried last night, I could not get to sleep. I fell sleep sometime before 3 am (I missed the end of the design show I was watching, so I know it was around then). And the mother knows it is not uncommon for me to have sleep problems, even on the weekends, there is a reason the doctor gave me sleeping pills (that I don't take). For a new house, these walls are paper thing. Even when the kids are on the main floor, 2 floors down, and my fan is going or my tv is on, they often wake me up. The playroom is right outside my door. Right there. I am sure she told S to be quiet, but if you know anything about a 5 year old, the harder they try to be quiet, usually the louder they are. And Baby S is 8 months old, she doensn't know what quiet means and I discovered long ago that she is one of the loudest babies I have watched, with her happy screams and talking. And to add to my anger, this house is huge. There are three floors. I set foot in one of the rooms for only the second time the other day because I simply forgot it was there. There is a whole house to play in. She could have said no. Oh wait, I forgot, when it comes to her kids, that word isn't in her vocabulary. Another thing, it is a beautiful morning, sunny and 55, why not have them play outside like yesterday morning before the weather gets ugly this afternoon? The other thing, S almost NEVER plays in her playroom. I suggest it a lot and she usually doesn't want to. So why at 8 in the morning on a Sunday? Because she always gets what she wants. Since the mother caved, there is something else she could do to help prevent the noise: close the door to the playroom. Sounds simple, just close it. That would drown out a lot of the noise. But she still hasn't. They have been in there now for a half hour, as loud as can be. When I go downstairs today to leave the house and the mother tries to chit-chat, I will have try to be nice even though I am mad. Mad because even my own space isn't my own. Mad because they don't respect me, I got more respect from the parents of kids I didn't live with. Mad because they always give into S. Mad because even on my days off, I don't get to be away from the sounds of the children. But mostly, I am mad because I got 5 hours of sleep last night and all I want to do is SLEEP! Only 5 days, C, only 5 days until a long week of vacation. And only 7 months until I leave this place for good.

Comments

Girl... take the sleeping pills. They are lovely pills. I've had Ambien... oh a delight! :)

Getting little or poor sleep can be havoc on your body. I hope you can catch up on some rest during your vacation.

I'll come and play in the playroom instead of S. You'd never even know I was there. My roommate used to become scared when all of a sudden I'd walk out of my room and she didn't even know I was home. I leave S duct taped in a corner. We'll call it a game "How to escape during an abduction." Clever lessons all in one! :)
cdoc said…
I have taken the ambien a few times and I don't like it. I think a tornado could tear my room apart and wouldn't wake up. And I don't think I am in a deep sleep with it either, I feel like I got sleep, but not a good sleep. I have taken it twice and I am not that big of a fan, but I will keep it on hand. Exercise works much better to get me to sleep.
teacherwoman said…
I agree with you cdoc! I haven't had any sleeping problems really, but exercise really does make you tired. Especially when you do it in the evening after a long hard days work! I hope your time off will treat you well!
Anonymous said…
You should know that I like to play with my toys at 8 am on Sunday too. And the playroom is right outside the room that will be yours. You just can't get a break.
Anonymous said…
I"ve told you time and again to just kick her. This time I mean the Mama. As one of my friends with kids would say, "Poop on the Mama."

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?