Life sentence

Since I started to exercise, I am constantly trying to think of when I can stop. Like if I make it to x day or x month, I can be done. No more running. No more Pilates. No more weight lifting. No more gym (I hate gyms). But then the thought goes through my mind, "Damn, I have to do this everyday, there is no ending date." My intentions for exercising are not to lose weight, although that is an added benefit, but I am already within 4 pounds of my goal, with my goal being to be in the healthy weight range for my height. My intentions are to be healthy. I want to feel better and have more energy, I want to know I am lowering my chances of getting countless diseases and common illnesses, I want to be able to one day run around with my kids without feeling winded and also be able to set a good example. Those are my intentions. But that doesn't make it any easier, when everyday day I think to myself, "I have to exercise again today. For the rest of my life."

Comments

teacherwoman said…
At one point, I felt the same as you! But, I have reached a point where I know that if I do not do any exercising for a while, I start to feel like crap. I get crabby, lazy, and I feel like a slug! I have realized that the more I do, the better I feel! I am excited to hear that you are running! When I come out there (hopefully this summer) we will have to run together...atleast once! Think positive! What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
cdoc said…
Oh, I am already to the point that you are at, I have been exercising for 3 months. If I don't exercise, I have no energy, I feel flabby and crabby and just yucky. I like the way I feel when I do exercise, but I don't always enjoy the actually exercising part. And I don't enjoy the feeling of having to make myself do it, because I still feel that way. But I always feel 10x better when I do exercise, and I actually sleep those nights, which is great. I don't think I will ever reach the point of looking forward to it or loving it, maybe years down the road. But we will have to run when you come out here!
Anonymous said…
Someday you'll start to feel the "runner's high" and will look forward to it. When it's a nice day outside, I look forward to running all day long. It could have something to do with my iPod too though. If you don't have one yet, stop everything and go buy one. It's the best thing I've done for my running since new running shoes!
teacherwoman said…
I will have to agree with Bdoc! I never thought I'd get to the point where I would look forward to running. I love my Nano...mmm..I want new shoes! Bright pink ones!
I always thought humans should have this quota of exercise. That if you do something like 200,000 sit-ups, you never have to do any again but your abs stay firm. But alas, we haven't elvolved that much yet... it's a shame really, maybe if I had a goal I'd be willing to do some exercise. But I can't run... fat people look weird when they run.
cdoc said…
I like your idea g.o.a. It would be nice to have a quota and once we reach it, we are set! Maybe part of the reason I may not start to love running is because of the weather, is is raining AGAIN! Three days last week when I was going to run, it rained. And yesterday and today too. And I hate the gym, I so do. I hate being inside to get exercise, it seems foolish to me. So when it is nice enough temperature wise to run outside, I can't get myself to go to the gym. Which is why I am canceling my memebership for the summer.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?