Oh my god...

... all my shows are ending. What I am going to do now, get a life? Because that has worked so well for me these past 6 months. I wrote in a previous blog about how the people in my television shows are my friends and now they are leaving me for the summer. Tonight Gilmore Girls had its finale and I found myself crying at the end. Were they tears because of what happened? Or tears because I have to go 4 months without the show? How pathetic do I sound? But when you have nothing but your computer and television to feel connections to other humans, and the shows you love end, whether it is temporary or permanent (as it may be with most shows on the WB), it is sad. Only 4 shows left, then they, too, will leave me by the end of the month, and I will be lonely again at night. Sorry, I need a moment to hug my television...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Whatever you do, do NOT get a life. Instead, get yourself your favorite shows and seasons on DVD. You can even download them from iTunes. So calm down and breathe, sister. No life needed.
Anonymous said…
You will find new ones to replace them for the summer.
MDoc
cdoc said…
Thanks jdoc, I was really worried I would have to get a life, you reassured me I don't.
Jdoc is right and along with getting your favorites on dvd, you can visit their websites, join some forums and discuss the shows! Thus, even less of a life needed.

Plus, if you're bored this spring/summer while your shows are taking a vacation...give me a call. I tell interesting stories or at least I tell stories. :)
teacherwoman said…
Have you watch "What about Brian" at all? That is a good one. I am becoming addicted to that. Although it isn't on until 9pm here, which get's to be kind of late for me on a monday!
Anonymous said…
Stop everything right now and go get, along with an iPod, the DVD's for Sex and the City. You TV-watching-people might think that is so yesterday, or even so last year. BUT ALAS, the friends in there can be your friends forever. They've made a pact to me to be my friend forever and I would bet they would extend that vow to you as well. Oh how I love Carrie. And Samantha. Who needs a life when you can live their lives ... ooooo la la. (That's what my French teacher friend would say...)

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?