If I didn't deserve a vacation before...

... I will by Friday. I just found out some bad news. The grandparents are coming tomorrow. THE grandparents. The ones I can't stand. The mean grandfather that made me cry over Thanksgiving in Florida and the grandmother that won a gold medal for being overbearing at Christmas, driving me to insanity. I knew they were coming for the weekend, but I thought I would be gone by the time they got here. They will be here with me all day for 3 days. Just me, the kids and them. This is the grandparents that think I work 24/7, the ones that ask me to run errands for the them, the ones that expect me to do whatever they say. And also the ones that love me, so it makes it even harder to say no. You may think, "they are just grandparents, how bad can they be?" If you only knew. I knew this week would seem long because of the anticipation, but now it will last forever. Send me all your strenght, I am going to need it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
May the Force be with you....
Anonymous said…
keep your chin up and a smile on your face
Ddoc
Tell them to eat it. That's my new phrase as of late.

Nah, just make yourself scarce when your time is up or when you need a break.
teacherwoman said…
I agree with GOA, keep yourself scarce when your time is up! And, keep your chin up!

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?