Long weekend

It feels like this weekend has gone on forever, which is great! That is possibly because I haven't jam-packed it with things to do for a change, so I feel relaxed. I always feel like there are a million things I need to do each weekend since during the week I get only about 2 hours a day of awake time to myself. But really, what is so important that needs to be done? My goal last weekend was to go through the stuff under my bed and clean off my bookshelf that has become a mess. At the end of the weekend, I didn't accomplish either and I was mad at myself for not getting it done. This weekend, I realized how dumb I am being about this. Why do I need to get these things done? I have no deadline, I have no time frame, I don't have a life, so I have all the time in the world. I think I make these stupid deadlines for myself so I feel like I accomplished something or so I feel like I have control of my own life. This weekend I put an end to that. Screw it. I relaxed. My schedule this weekend was this: Friday night, asleep by 9:15 pm, didn't even get ready for bed; yesterday, got up, got ready, ran my few errands, came home and sat on the internet looking for nothing important and playing games, watched a movie, went to bed; today, got up, got ready, went to the book store and read magazines so I don't have to buy them, came home, laid in bed watching another movie, returned movies, got something to eat, came home, wrote this entry. What am I doing next? I am already back in bed, going to watch another movie, then get ready for bed and watch Grey's Anatomy and then go to sleep. After this long weekend, I am still not ready to go back to work, but at least I feel relaxed (until tomorrow). I am glad I told the dialogue in my head that was making lists to shut up because this has been one of the best weekends I have had since I have been here. And I accomplished nothing!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good for you! I could learn a thing or two from this entry.
teacherwoman said…
Me too! I did the same yesterday! Did a little laundry after my long run. Other than that I sat on my butt playing on the internet and watching The Notebook! Hmm...great movie.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?