Montana vs. Connecticut

I spent 2 hours today taking photographs. I had been eyeing this spot since a month after I moved here. I wanted them to be night shots, so tonight after spending 2 hours babysitting the girls, at 9 pm I ventured out. I realized how different this place is from Montana more than ever tonight. The mother I work for was shocked that I would go out to take photos so late. She said she couldn't believe how devoted I was. I thought back to the summer and how we would be in class until 9 pm and then we would go out and take photos, sometimes all night long and then go to class the next morning at 9 am. Tonight, as I was on the side of the road taking photographs, cars were slowing down to see what I was doing. One car even stopped, got out of their car, watched me for a minute, got back in and drove off. Apparently taking photographs at night is a foreign thing in this area. In Montana, you could hang upside down from a bridge or stand in the middle of the interstate taking photographs and nobody would think anything of it, except maybe "there's those crazy RMSP students again". I never thought there were any similarities between here and Montana before tonight, but it wasn't more obvious than it was tonight when everyone seemed shocked that I was taking photographs. And it proved that Montana is more my kind of place than here. And after spending more time taking photos today than I have in months, I feel great. I forgot how much I need photography, it makes me feel alive.

Comments

jm said…
hmmm, what a great thing to learn about yourself. Your passion is making itself known to you. i envy that!
Anonymous said…
People don't mind the photo-taking in Minnesota either. You'll see that when you move here. He he.
cdoc said…
Thanks jm, it is because support like yours and my family's that I know my passion! And I doubt people mind photo-taking in Minnesota, which is why I can't wait to move there!
cdoc said…
"The human catalysts for 'dreamers' are the teachers and encouragers that 'dreamers' encounter throughout their lives. They are invaluable in the quest to turn ideas into reality. So here's a special thanks to all of my teachers..." - Keven Carroll (author of Rules of the Red Rubber Ball: Find and Sustain Your Life's Work)

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

What do I do?

Target