Jealousy rears its ugly head

I am not a jealous person by nature. Everyone gets jealous sometimes, but I am not excessively jealous. Except for today. I can't believe how jealous I am of the new nanny (n.n.). S asked to switch seats with me at dinner because she wanted to sit by n.n. I moved, but inside I was boiling. N.n. was sitting by Baby S instead of me, so she was getting all the smiles, and I wanted to scream. Then the mother, L, was talking to n.n. more than she was talking to me. She was just trying to make her comfortable, but it was driving me nuts. And now, they are all watching a movie together with S sitting on n.n.'s lap. I was invited to watch, but I am going through my stuff and putting it in piles to pack. And I was steaming when I went up the stairs. Sure, S still gave me a hug and wouldn't let go before I left. And she was talking to me more than to n.n. And L was still including me in the conversation. I get that n.n. is probably extremely uncomfortable right now, I remember how it was for me. And it must be worse having the other nanny, the one that knows the kids inside and out, around you all the time. So I am trying to be patient. It is just making me so crabby. This is going to be a long week.

Comments

teacherwoman said…
It's probably a good thing that S want's to sit near N.n. It might be a sign that S is comfortable around her and it probably helps N.n. feel more comfortable.

But, I can see where it would be hard to watch...from your point of view.
cdoc said…
Oh, I know it is a good thing. And my jealousy is completely irrational. But I can't seem to help it.
Just pretend you hate everyone except the n.n. :)

Then you won't be jealous and just keep thinking that you'll be seeing me soon and man, they should all be jealous of that one. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?