Pee on my hand

Since my week off, I am learning that I am appreciated at my job, but for who I am, not for the work I do, at least when it comes to the father. The parents really like me. I knew the mother (L) did, but I questioned what the father (P) thought of me. Last week when L and the kids were gone, P was going out of his way to invite me to things. First he invited me to a Strong Man competition, but I said no. Then he invited me to a car show. I had made other plans (with myself), so I said no again. That night, when I returned home, he invited me to a movie. I agreed because I would feel bad saying no again and it was a free movie. At first I felt weird about going to a movie with him, but I am friends with L, why can't I be friends with P too? I realized that he enjoyed my company, which was nice to finally know after 7 months of working here. But yesterday was when I realized he takes me for granted when it comes to my job. We got home from gymnastics the same time as he got home from work. When I was taking things out of the car, I did it slowly, hoping he would come over to help. Eventually, I had the diaper bag, S's clothes, her trash and Baby S in the carseat (between her and the seat, it easily weighs 25 lbs.). He didn't unlock or open the door to the house, I had to do it with my hands full. I was starting to put stuff away, with Baby S patiently waiting to be taken out of her carseat, when S rushed in. She had to go to the bathroom but she had a leotard on. I was helping her take it off when the accident happened and she peed all over my hand. P came in to ask what happened and I told him that she also peed on the floor, so I said he should clean it up (I actually said that). I washed my hands, then took S's wet clothes upstairs and got her clean clothes. I came downstairs and there was still pee on the floor and Baby S was still in the carseat. P was doing his own thing. I got stuff to clean the floor and finally P took the baby out of her carseat. I cleaned the floor and then helped S put on her clothes. Then I finished putting everything away. And P just stood their looking at the mail with Baby S in his hands, with her hat still on, even though she couldn't see (she tries to pull it off, but their is a strap under her chin, so it just ends up over her eyes), so I took it off her. I understand that I am the nanny, I am supposed to take care of the kids. However, my job is to take care of them until the parents come home and my day technically ends at 6:45 pm (it was 7 pm when all this happened). And I don't mind doing all those things, I have to do them all day by myself anyway, but the point is, he was there and didn't lift a finger. I see why L often complains about P not helping out on the weekends, if this is what she always has to put up with, it would get old fast.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Be glad you are his hired nanny and not his wife. Grr.
teacherwoman said…
I will agree with jdoc! Don't ever marry a man like that! Wow! How impressive.... or not. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
I think his wife should just stop doing those things until the husband realizes how much she does and you do. Completely inappropriate and mostly rude. When someone has their hands full, you open the door for them. It's just a common courtesy.

Sorry, cdoc.
Anonymous said…
I think we should call you SUPER Nanny. Will you come to MT when I have kids? I can't do that all on my own ...

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

What do I do?

Target