World's largest ocean preserve

Today Bush is expected to announce the creation of the world's largest ocean preserve near Hawaii. It will cover 84 million acres and will protect 7,000 species of animals. It is about time he did some good for the enivironment. However, we all know the reason he is doing this is to turn around the low numbers in his polls and to alter the name as "the worst environmental president ever". He thinks that by doing one good thing, it can reverse the hundreds of things he has done and is doing wrong with the environment. He knows that this will put him in history books, some are already comparing him to Theodore Roosevelt. The president of The Ocean Conservancy said "Teddy Roosevelt is largely considered the father of our national park system... President Bush may be securing a similar legacy in our oceans.” Just what Bush wanted to hear. He is far from being compared to Teddy in my book. Teddy started our national parks system, which Bush has done very little to help and preserve (in fact, this past week they started auctioning off our national forests in Oregon to loggers, per Bush's plan). Don't get me wrong, I think it is wonderful that he is doing this, it needs to be done and should have been done a long time ago. However, I am not blind to his ulterior motives. And this will not win me over, I will still think of him as "the worst enivironmental president ever." And global warming will secure that legacy.

Comments

BoneDaddy said…
Wow...I think I hear ol' Teddy turning over in his grave. I wonder if the Conservative got through that statement with a straight face...
Bush will never win me over. One, he's stupid and should not be president due to that fact. He cannot speak English very well and I don't need some home town guy to be president. I don't want that. I want sophistication, education, philanthropy without clandestine reasons, etc. Bush has none of those and will never have them.

Bush cares no more about the environment than he does about elephant shit. It's just something that sometimes you have to move around.
cdoc said…
Love the title of the story about Bush making the largest ocean preserve in Grist Magazine, it said "Must not be any oil there". So true, so true.
Anonymous said…
That is JUST what I was going to say cdoc. There must be no oil there cuz while he's making ocean preserves, he's fiddling his greedy little fingers to get them on the Rocky Mountain Front and ANWR. The ball is rolling too fast for him now to try and stop it.

Jackass.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?