Why Bush is creating the world's largest ocean preserve:

Comments

teacherwoman said…
What's this I hear about whaling off of Alaska? I don't know much about whaling....but I was shocked to see that. It was on the weather channel.
cdoc said…
Whaling off of Alaska is done by a Native tribe called the Makah. They hunt whales for sustainability. Just like Native tribes from our area used to do with buffalo, these tribes use every part of the whale. They quit whaling for 70 years when whale numbers were low and found other ways of living. They started whaling again in 1999, but they do it responsibly and they kill extremely low numbers of whales each year. I don't have a problem with this because they aren't doing it for money, they are doing it to live off of and they are doing it responsibly. There is a balance of nature and they respect that. Money hungry countries like Japan don't.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?