Fathers and Daughters

I learned something about fathers and daughters today. Their urge to protect and make their daughters happy starts at birth.

The baby had a doctor's appointment today and I got to go with. The doctor gave advice on sleeping and eating habits. When we got home, the mother was telling the father about what the doctor said; he seemed to disagree. Here's how it went:

Mother: The doctor said that the baby should be eating every three hours. She said that if she is fussy in between it means that she is not getting enough to eat when I feed her or she is gassy.

Father: No, you feed her when she wants to eat.

Mother: No, because then she will think that whenever she cries, she will get food. She needs to start on a schedule soon.

Father: No, you feed her when she is hungry.

Then he walked away. Even though the doctor (and a how to book on the first year of life) said how her eating habits should be, apparently doctors and experts are wrong, at least to this father.

As annoying as it was to watch because the father was being stubborn and wrong, it was also a little heart-warming to see a father's love for his daughter. Thanks Dad, for always making your daughters happy. But also for always knowing what was best for us even if it went against what you thought was right... now if this father can keep that in mind!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great entry, Cass. But never tell your family about this blog.
cdoc said…
Thanks! And I'm not planning on telling them. I wasn't going to talk about them, but then I realized that I am with them all the time, what else would I talk about?
Anonymous said…
What I learned about Fathers and Daughters (F&D)by watching Cdoc and Ddoc is that F&D relationships can curiously resemble sister and brother relationships when fights for the controller for Playstation is involved. I"m not really sure who won those fights....

Great entry Cdoc.
cdoc said…
It was Super Nintendo Bdoc, get it right:)! I am sure we both won sometimes. Thanks, and when are you starting your blog?!?!

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?