Loving Me

I just finished reading jm's blog. It was just what I needed to hear. She made me realize that the only person I need to like me is me. I am who I am. And to be quite honest, I like me. Hell, I love me. So why don't I stand up for myself and what I believe? Because I have always been too scared of what others will think of me. But I need to change that, starting right now. I am not going to worry about others, if they can't love and respect me for who I am, my beliefs and all, then that is their problem, not mine. So going back to something I said two entries ago ("I am sorry that I struck a nerve in some people..."), I am not sorry. I wasn't sorry then and I am not sorry now. Everything else I said in that entry still holds true, but the fact is that I said what I believe and I am not taking it back. I am not apologizing for my beliefs. I am embracing them and finally standing up for myself. I still welcome the controversy. I love debating issues and hearing other people's sides. And I have nothing to apologize for because I never asked anyone to believe what I believe. I did ask you to try to make some changes for the enivornment, but that is a choice you need to make. But I won't ask others to changes their beliefs, that is their choice, not mine. I embrace differences. Some of my best friends have different views than me and we are still friends. Why? Because we love and respect one another and don't try to change who the other person is, we can state our minds and still like each other. So I take back my apology. I am not sorry for who I am. I am not sorry for what I believe. I am not sorry for what I said. And I am not sorry if it angered anyone. From now on I am standing up for myself. Because the only person that I want to like me is me, and I do.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love to be the first commenter (kinda like being on the first chair skiing in the morning and getting the fresh powder runs ... okay maybe not quite as good as that).

I think your biggest task will be to stick up for yourself even when your two older sisters take their juvenile role into adulthood and continue to tease or torture you. I've always said that you're as stable as they come. But there's always room for us to learn to live the motto: This is me, I love Me and I don't care what you think.

I think you'll find yourself pretty easy to love ;-) I do.
Anonymous said…
I also find you pretty easy to love. You are a great person and your beliefs are wonderful. You go girl.
MDoc
jm said…
Wow! I love the energy in your writing. You are going to have an amazing weekend hanging out with yourself. I bet you will take amazing photos, too.

I love you, too.
Anonymous said…
Ditto and word.
cdoc said…
Thanks, I love you all too!
Anonymous said…
Wonderful, wonderful wonderful!!!
Anonymous said…
Everyone has their own beliefs and thoughts and I'm glad you are open to discuss your own feelings. Keep it up...the only way things can change is if someone speaks up. That's what is so great about our nation...we have freedom of speech....you go girl! Hope you're feeling better!
Heidi

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?