My Camera

I bought a digital camera today. It is a simple point and shoot digital camera, nothing fancy. I wanted something to use for taking snapshots and to email my family and friends. I am unsure about the purchase. And not for the usual reasons etiher. I don't have buyer's remorse because the price was right. I don't think it was a bad choice, I think it was perfect for what I want to use it for. The reason I am unsure is because I feel guilty. I feel like I am abandoning my camera. My old faithful. My love. I know that I have a problem with becoming attached to inanimate objects. But this is different. For one thing, I am a film girl and I am pretty sure I always will be. I was taught all about digital cameras and I know there are many pros to them, but I love film. They make beautiful quality pictures and I love the excitement of picking up my film or developing it myself and viewing my photograph for the first time. Another thing is that my camera is my first real camera. It has never let me down. It has taken all of my best photographs. It got me through photography school. It is my friend. I know that the point and shoot digital will be used only for snapshots, my camera won't be abandoned because I will still use it for professional purposes. But I still feel like I am cheating on my love, my friend, my camera.

Comments

teacherwoman said…
I am sorry to hear about your sorrow towards your camera. That has been your baby...and it has treated you well! You will enjoy your other camera for other reasons! Are you doing any weddings coming up? If you are interested, I might have a wedding for you to do Labor day weekend?!?!
I love film!!!!! Andrew doesn't understand this and while I am no where near your caliber of a picture taker, I enjoy film. There's something about it... something old and steady, something... I find it grounded and surprising.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?