Sick

I went to Vermont over the weekend with the family I work for, which is the reason for my absence from my blog. It was an okay time. The best part about it was that I got to see Bdoc and though it was brief, it was wonderful. And the worst part... well, first let me explain something. I have been sick more often since I have worked for this family than I have ever been before in a 4 month period. It started with a stomache virus while in Florida on my first Thanksgiving away from home. Then it was a terrible cold, then the actual flu. I am much healthier than ever before (exercising 3-4 times a week; eating healthy; cutting out sweets; etc.) and yet I still keep getting sick. I think living with a child that brings home every sickness possible has something to do with it. Anyway, back to the point. I got food poisoning while in Vermont. And not just me, first it hit me and the mother I work for before going to bed (at 8 pm), then the father and his brother in the middle of the night and then the 2 year old staying with us the next day. We think we narrowed it down to someone handling raw meat, then switching to putting cheese and crackers on a tray without washing her hands. So when it comes to trips with the family, I am 2 for 2 for sicknesses. It kind of makes me not want to travel with them... that and having to be in the back seat with a bratty 5 year old for 4-5 hours, but that is another story. So after a lot of sleep and time in the bathroom (throwing up mostly), I am back to blogging.

Comments

jm said…
My heart goes out to you. I hope you feel better soon. You need some good rest - but major kudos on all the healthy lifestyle changes! jdoc swears by airborne. Have you tried it?
Anonymous said…
Oh dear that's awful. I only heard about it through our brief exchanges on the phone while it was flitting in and out of analog. I hope you're feeling much better now.

I wish I could have been with you longer. It's just not fair to be that close but yet not be able to be together ... ho hum.
teacherwoman said…
I also love airborne...but it is one of those things that if you stop taking it...it doesn't work. Plus, you have to start taking it the second you are getting symptoms of a cold and it isn't cheap. I hope you feel better.
cdoc said…
Love Airborne. I started taking it when I first got to Missoula back in June 2005 because I couldn't afford to be sick while in photography school, I was too busy. I think I have given them most of their sales because I always have some in stock. But in Consumer Reports magazine (Feb. 06 issue) they said they are changing the instructions to not exceed more than 3 or 4 tablets a day because the Vitamin C dose is so high... food for thought. I am feeling much better, thanks all. Bdoc, I wish we could have been together more too, but some time is better than no time.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?