Countdown to the end of presidency

I have a bone to pick about our president (shocker, I know!). As I am sure most of you know, it is one year today since Hurricane Katrina hit. One year. Our "leader" is down there today. Somehow he thinks this will make things better. I hope he got an unfriendly welcome, I don't doubt that he did. I don't understand how it can still look like this one year later (check out other photos here). We can send aid to other countries, get in their battles (and in some cases, I am not saying we shouldn't), but we can leave our own country looking like a war zone for a year, with claims that all is being done that can be done. Bush is an ass. I can't believe that he is our president, I can't believe he ever was. He doesn't want to leave any child behind, but he can leave a whole country behind. For him it is half a step forward, 2,000 steps back. And children are still being left behind too, the lowest SATs scores in 30 years will prove that. I have no faith in him at all. I never will. Only 875 days left until he is out of the oval office. I can't wait until the end is here.

Comments

I was watching the news yesterday and this man from New Orleans who is rebuilding his house himself said that he would tell the president and anyone else listening that they forgot about them down there.

I think it's shameful what happened. And Houston is experiencing compassion fatigue-it's getting tired of the refugees.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?