Relief

It is done. I had a feeling when I emailed the mother this morning that she would email or call me about it later. When the phone rang, I thought "Please don't be L." And it was. We talked about the questions I had about school for S in a few weeks. Then she said, in a tone as if she already knew the answer, "Is that all you wanted to talk about?" I told her then that I made my decision for the next year and asked if she wanted me to tell her then on the phone or talk to both of them later. She said to tell her now, then we could discuss it more later. I told her I decided to go live with my sister. I told her that I felt like I was quitting a family, not a job. I told her that if I could work for them and live near my family, I would. She expected it. You could tell that she built up for this response. She said that they would love for me to stay, but that she completely understood, saying she is not sure she could be so far away from family (she is only 4.5 hours by train, 6 hours by car from her mom and sister). I felt all sorts of emotions when I hung up with her, mostly relief and sadness. I went to get the baby out of the crib and tears came to my eyes, I will miss her the most. But after calling my family and telling them, I also now feel excited. Excited to start a new job, move to a new place, live with my sister, be closer to friends and family, get a new car, decorate my own room. I am ready for this.

Comments

teacherwoman said…
Oh Cdoc, it will be so nice to have you closer again! Who knows, I might end up in the cities next summer! I am so excited for you, I almost have tears in my eyes!

P.S. Do you know what you are going to do in the cities??? I am excited to hear about your move back to the midwest!
Anonymous said…
Now that you've set the ball rolling, perhaps we can begin to talk about your chores around the house here. Can you work a chainsaw? Lay sod? These are things you may want to begin researching.

Can't wait!
cdoc said…
Thanks teacherwoman, I am excited too. I am hoping to find a photography related job, but we will see. And jdoc, I could probably lay sod, but a chainsaw? We will see.
LOL at your sister cdoc. Man alive, please do not give cdoc a chainsaw. I've seen what you can do with ordinary household tools.

Congrats on getting it over with, we all know it was tough for you. But yea! I am excited to have you back closer to me so that I can properly stock you. It doesn't work when you are so far away! :)
Anonymous said…
So proud of you Cdoc. I hope the anticipation was far worse than the actual ... seems always the case. How did Papa P take it?

Jdoc, have you seen the scar on her leg? She can't even maneuver a metal milk box, let alone a chainsaw ... ;-)
cdoc said…
Thanks for all your confidence with me and a chainsaw, although I don't blame you:). As for Papa P, he has said nothing to me. He is what you call a "man's man", he won't tell me how he feels. But he isn't treating me differently, which is good. I kind of expected him to start being rude, but he isn't. We will see what happens as time progresses.

Popular posts from this blog

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Target

What do I do?